Check List of Must-Have Cleaning Supplies & Tools
Housekeeping can get stressful and seem like a never-ending job. Having the right tools on hand for the job can make the work easier, go faster and save you money. Below is a fairly comprehensive list of cleaning tools and supplies for virtually and household cleaning chore you can imagine.
The most common complaint from homeowners is how fast dust piles up. Here are the tools you’ll want to have on hand to tackle those relentless dust-bunnies that exist in every nook and cranny in your home.
- Window blind duster
- Regular duster tool and a dusting mitt
- Expandable duster for light fixtures, fans and ceilings
- Air duster cans
- Lint rollers – they work great for pet hair on sofas
Having the right appliances that are in good working order is vital. An old vacuum cleaner that isn’t working right will just frustrate you and slow you down.
- A good vacuum with attachments for every job
- A good mop and bucket
- A good broom and dustpan
- Swiffer like tool for dry and wet mopping that uses disposable cloths
- Portable spot carpet or fabric cleaner machine
- Steam cleaner mop
Cleaning and disinfecting a house, requires cleaning solutions, and there is literally a cleaning solution for every job. Finding the cleaning products will be a personal choice and you might even prefer organic cleaning solutions for your home. Here is a list to get you started.
- Glass cleaner such as Windex
- General all-purpose cleaning solution
- Wood furniture cleaner and polisher
- Tub and tile cleaner, shower spray and toilet bowl cleaner
- Floor cleaners – different depending on type of flooring
- Oven cleaner
- Lysol wipes or other antibacterial cleaners
- Carpet cleaning detergent
- Stainless Steel cleanser
If you prefer natural ingredients as we do as Reflections Extreme Clean, you should keep these products on hand.
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oils
- White Vinegar
- Citric Acid
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Here are some other miscellaneous cleaning supplies you’ll need.
- Spray bottles
- Cleaning caddy
- Rubber gloves
- Trash bags
Cloths and wipes need their own list because there are so many choices available.
- Microfiber cloths or gloves
- All-purpose cleaning cloths
- Stainless steel cloths
- Window cleaning cloths
- Paper towels
- Window Squeegee
For jobs that take a little more elbow grease, having the right tools is a must.
- All-purpose scrub brush and heavy-duty scrub brushes
- Old toothbrushes or Q-tips for hard to reach places
- Sponges – wash or toss regularly as they can spread germs
- Dishwashing wand sponges
- Toilet brush in each bathroom
- Steel wool and scouring scrubbers such as SOS pads
Of course, you’ll still need your laundry soaps, fabric softeners, whiteners, such as bleach, and dish soaps to round out your cleaning supplies.
Housecleaning is a chore that requires diligence and can’t be ignored. Living in a clean, well kept home makes you happier, healthier and more productive.
Reflections Extreme is here to help you achieve your housekeeping goals while freeing up your time to enjoy the things most important to you.
Call us today for a free, no-obligation quote