If you own office space, it needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. Whether you have in-house office cleaners or you hire a professional office cleaning company, starting with a plan is vital. Office cleaning should begin with a detailed checklist for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks. Maintaining a safe, spotless and sanitary workplace creates a more productive office and will put your employee’s minds at ease during this time of COVID19.
Daily Office Cleaning
Your reception area is the first impression clients will have of your busines and should be cleaned daily. Daily office cleaning tasks should also include bathrooms or restrooms, and kitchen and break areas. These office cleaning tasks include basic vacuuming, moping, dusting and disinfecting.
- Empty garbage bins and replace garbage bags
- Vacuum carpet and sweep or vacuum hard floor surfaces
- Mop the hard floors with a disinfectant cleaner
- Clean the glass windows and doors at the entrances
- Dust furniture and office equipment, including work areas, seats, tables and computers.
Bathrooms or restrooms
- Refill paper towels dispensers, toilet paper and hand soap.
- Mop tiles and flooring
- Clean and disinfect toilets and urinals
- Clean mirrors, windows and all glass surfaces
- Disinfect commonly touched bathroom surfaces, including entry door handles, and towel or hand dryer accessories.
- Clean the divisions and eject the watermarks.
Kitchen or Break Area:
- Empty trash bins, replace with fresh garbage bags and take the trash out
- Clean microwave oven, coffee makers and other kitchen appliances and dirty mugs and dishes left in sink
- Wipe down and sanitize countertops, sinks, tables and chairs
- Mop or vacuum floors.
- Refill kitchen towel dispensers, dish washing liquid and hand soap as needed.
Weekly tasks require a little more elbow grease and include such things as:
- Polishing all tile and hard floor surfaces
- Disinfecting and deep cleaning the refrigerator microwave
- Disinfecting telephones
- Vacuuming entryway mats and carpets
- Scrubbing and sanitizing sinks in restrooms and kitchen area
- Cleaning the exterior surfaces of the entrance doors
Monthly office cleaning tasks should be done every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Dust and disinfect hard-to-reach places such as along the highest points of windows, filing cabinets and ceiling fans working from top to bottom
- Polish wooden furniture and all hardwood surfaces.
- Vacuum air vents and office furniture like sofas and chairs
Keep Your Office Clean
Now that you understand the steps to ensure your office is clean, it is time to impose a daily, weekly, and monthly office cleaning regime.
Make and use a check list to help you maintain a happier and healthier workplace. This will help ensure that your office space looks clean, spotless and sanitary at all times.
Clients and employees will appreciate and benefit from a clean environment. Cleaning and disinfecting office space reduces the spread of cold and flu viruses, which in turn, reduces sick days.
You can always hire a professional office cleaning service. To get a free quote, please contact us at your convenience. Our team looks forward to doing business with you.
Reflections Extreme Clean LLC
Email [email protected] or call for our current openings!