Everyone has different needs when it comes to keeping a house clean. From single’s living alone to large families, it’s pretty obvious there’s no one answer that fits every situation. To avoid feeling overwhelmed, break down what needs to be done room by room. Creating a personalized house cleaning schedule will ensure that you maintain a clean, organized and tidy home. It will also help you manage your time better.
To begin, divide your house cleaning chores into those that should be done, daily, weekly, monthly and event less frequently.
- Daily tasks may include doing dishes, wiping down kitchen countertops and other surfaces, making the beds, not letting mail and other items pile up, putting away clothes and general tidying up. Doing certain tasks on a daily basis will keep things from piling up and making you feel overwhelmed. Doing the dishes and wiping down the countertops can prevent mold and bacteria from forming.
- Weekly tasks mean thorough cleans of bathrooms, floors, appliances, doing laundry, changing bed linen, vacuuming, taking out the garbage, throwing out old or expired foods from the fridge, and dusting.
- Monthly tasks include time-intensive jobs like cleaning the oven interior, washing windows, vacuuming furniture, decluttering closets, drawers, garages and basements. Get rid of things you are no longer using. Consider donating, recycling or tossing things out.
- Make sure you schedule your cleaning activities on days when you have the time and aren’t distracted by other obligations.
- Don’t do it alone and you don’t have to do it all. Ask your family or roommates to do their share of the housework. Hiring a weekly or monthly housekeeping service can take a lot of the pressure off and free up your time to do other things.
When you choose to do your house keeping tasks, how and when you do them is up to you. Whether you prefer mid-week or the weekend, remember to ask for help. Once your home is tidy and clean, give yourself a day to stay home, relax and enjoy.
Get A Free Quote
To get a free quote, please contact us at your convenience. Our team looks forward to doing business with you.